[gpodder] I think it's installed. Now what? How to configure for regular multi-user/syncer server use?

  • From: DJ GothFvck <dj_gothfvck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 00:43:48 -0800

As the main site seems to have been down for quite some time now and I'm setting up a social network (https://thefreaks.club -- work-in-progress) and have my own server for it. I figured, "ah, may as well just set up my own gpodder/mygpo sync service! Sounds easy enough...."

I followed the installation instructions on https://gpoddernet.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev/installation.html from "Basic Setup" up to "Configuration" as 1) it started talking about dev environments which is not what I'm interested in and 2) I got a "permission denied" error when executing

"echo django.core.mail.backends.console.EmailBackend > envs/dev/EMAIL_BACKEND"

It sounds like there's more to configure. My goal is to allow future members of The Freaks Club to sync via Antennapod or similar clients via our own mygpo server. If I can set up a webpage or entice someone to write a plugin for https://gnusocial.network and/or https://funkwhale.audio that pulls in user data that would be a huge bonus but something I can worry about later.

Can anyone please clarify what needs to be done next? Thanks.

---
XMPP/Jabber: (woops, that server shutdown.) | Matrix: @gothfvck:tfc.im
Fediverse: https://social.thefreaks.club/gothfvck | https://MetalHead.club/@GothFvck Blog/Journal: https://gothfvck.dreamwidth.org
Scrobbles: https://Libre.fm/user/GothFvck
Collection: https://MusicBrainz.org/user/GothFvck
Encyclopaedia Metallum: https://www.metal-archives.com/users/GothFvck
Former band: https://www.jamendo.com/artist/340917/curb-jaw

Cloud: https://mega.nz/C!VeJ2SKoD
_Music is the thread in the fabric of life.(tm)_