[gpodder-devel] How to add a property to channels without beaking everything?

  • From: jerome.chabod at ifrance.com (jerome.chabod at ifrance.com)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:03:40 +0200

Hello,

I need for solving bug 90 to add a "xsl_file" property to channels.
Unfortunaltely, since whe use sqlite, it seems there is no mechanism to
transparently add?? a field. The only way I see is to force the user to remove
its database in order to run the setup again (table creation), and doing so
losing its channels configurations and episode's history. Not very elegant.

Has somebody already plan to solve this problem or have indication on how it
could be done?
From my point of vue, I would maintain a hard coded list of fields, and have a
function which would check at each start if the fields are already in the table
and add it if not (alter table). But I'm afraid it could be a very expensive
task. What do you think?
??
J??r??me

My...o? ? You...quoi ? Face...qui ?... Vous ne savez plus comment ?tre
vous-m?me ?
Pour Cr?er, Partager et enfin Gagner ... D?couvrez iDOO en vid?o
http://www.idoo.com/fr/videomark.php