[gpodder] Re: Hide played podcasts

  • From: Thomas Perl <m@xxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 12:28:40 +0200

Hi Izidor,

On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 10:57:09AM +0200, Izidor Matušov wrote:
> I started to use gPodder this week and fell in love with it :) But
> there is a thing. I would like to see only unplayed episodes and
> choose one to watch/listen to. There are many possible
> implementations like Nautilus' hidden files or Banshee's special
> view for new episodes.
>
> I would like to ask you how hard would it be to add such a feature
> in gPodder? Would it be compatible with your vision of gPodder? I am
> willing to code it.

Since gPodder 3.0.0, it supports "EQL" queries. You can download a
recent .deb that should work on Ubuntu from the Debian Experimental
repository:

http://packages.debian.org/experimental/all/gpodder/download

The reason why it's not in the Ubuntu repos yet is described on the
gPodder download page and on the gPodder blog:

http://blog.gpodder.org/2011/11/device-sync-in-3x-brainstorming-for.html

Once you got gPodder 3.x installed, make sure the episode list is
focused and type on your keyboard:

  (not played)

The "(" are important, otherwise it won't be a EQL query but a normal
text search. If you only want to show not played downloads, use:

  (downloaded and not played)

Furthermore, if you want to show only not played audio files that are
downloaded already:

  (downloaded and not played and audio)

The possible attributes that you can use in an EQL query string can be
found in the source code here:

  src/gpodder/query.py

HTH :)