[gpodder-devel] Gpodder on Ubuntu 11.10

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:13:04 +0200

Hi Colin,

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:15:19AM +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> On 5 October 2011 08:58, Thomas Perl <thp at gpodder.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 09:12:32PM +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> >> I am testing gpodder on ubuntu 11.10 beta. Gpodder is installed from
> >> the ubuntu repository. I have noticed a couple of problems.
> >> 1. When minimised it does not show on the panel
> >
> > Have you made sure that the tray icon features are disabled? If they are
> > enabled (and I assume Ubuntu 11.10 does not have a systray area
> > anymore), you won't be able to see gPodder. It's better to disable all
> > the tray icon features for gPodder (see ~/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf)
> > if you are using Ubuntu >= 11.04, since from that version, the tray icon
> > is (as far as I know) not correctly supported.
>
> Running gpodder 2.18 on Ubuntu 11.04 with the Unity interface (gpodder
> from http://ppa.launchpad.net/thp/gpodder/ubuntu/) it *does* correctly
> minimise to the top panel.

Ok, great - so that's just a matter of getting the latest version into
the Ubuntu repos. The PPA should be updated eventually with packages for
the new release (when 11.10 is out).

Ubuntu takes it packages from the Debian repos, so it can take an Ubuntu
release or two until the latest gPodder release becomes available (and
by then, chances are that there's already a newer version of gPodder out
- that's what the PPA is here for ;).

Thanks,
Thomas