[gpodder-devel] Gpodder on Ubuntu 11.10

  • From: thp at gpodder.org (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:58:38 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 09:12:32PM +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> I am testing gpodder on ubuntu 11.10 beta. Gpodder is installed from
> the ubuntu repository. I have noticed a couple of problems.
> 1. When minimised it does not show on the panel

Have you made sure that the tray icon features are disabled? If they are
enabled (and I assume Ubuntu 11.10 does not have a systray area
anymore), you won't be able to see gPodder. It's better to disable all
the tray icon features for gPodder (see ~/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf)
if you are using Ubuntu >= 11.04, since from that version, the tray icon
is (as far as I know) not correctly supported.

> 2. When the cross is clicked gpodder closes rather than dropping to
> the background.

This is how it is supposed to work ;)

> I also notice that it is only version 2.16, is this the fundamental
> cause of the problem?

Should not be a problem, but it is a very good idea to upgrade to 2.19
or at lesat 2.18 to get all the latest fixes.

Thanks,
Thomas