[gpodder-devel] Gpodder directory structure?

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:25:40 +0100

Hello, Pierre!

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 17:22 +0100, Roel Groeneveld wrote:
> Regarding the md5'd directory names for each podcast, Thomas explained
> the rationale behind that just a couple of days ago. Please see his
> e-mail:
> https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/gpodder-devel/2007-October/001104.html
> Maybe that situation can be changed. Patches are always welcome! :-)

Based on this explanation, we had lots of responses, ideas and
suggestions. I am slowly getting to a point where I might be able to
come up with a solution that is both stable and user-friendly. I've
written some code today that can create a user-friendly directory
structure out of gPodder's download folder. Only problem currently: Only
works on filesystems that support hard links (i.e. not FAT).

I'll post some code to the list soon.