[gpodder] Re: Gpodder 3.7.0 for Mac: preferences dialog box instantly closes

  • From: Eric Le Lay <elelay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tim Gilbert <timgilbert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 18:42:16 +0200

Le Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:23:42 +0200,
Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi,

> > I tried out 3.8.0 but I’m still seeing the same behavior (on my
> > laptop, my iMac is still fine with this version). I uploaded the
> > output of gPodder -v here:
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/Y1UsHvRi
>
> There's some message about PyObjC not installed - could you try
> installing that and see if it helps?

It doesn't matter: PyObjC is for "subscribe with" handling, but there
is no other impact. I have no idea what happens to Tim's computer.

All I can think of is some rogue file on the laptop causing gtk to
fail. To debug this:
1. run
sudo dtrace -n 'syscall::open*:entry /execname == "python"/ { printf ("%s",
copyinstr(arg0)); }' > /tmp/dtrace.log
in a terminal
2. open gPodder normally, open the preferences, see it disappear.

do the same thing on the working machine and send me both /tmp/trace.log files.
I hope it's not too much of an inconvenience...

Best regards,
Eric