[gpodder] Re: Gpodder 3 does not recognize Sansa Clip Zip

  • From: Kinney Baughman <baughmankr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 12:40:56 -0500

On 02/05/2015 10:07 AM, Joseph Wickremasinghe (Redacted sender "jnwickremasinghe@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) wrote:

Kinney,

Can you mount your Clip Zip and copy files to it manually?
Yes.   I have no problems doing that.

How are you mounting it? (I'm using sync with an Android device so I mount via
go-mtp). What's your mount point?

I currently have the mount point defined in /etc/fstab as "/mnt/clipzip" and that's where the device mounts automatically now when I plug it into the computer. I define the device in /etc/fstab using its UUID.

Having said that, I have also tried mounting it manually with "mount /dev/sdb /mnt/clipzip", for ex., but the results are the same.

For better or worse, the sync function depends on the device being mounted and
accessible via a mount point. I think it's a little too much for gPodder to be
able to determine what device is plugged in and figure how best to mount it, so
it relies on the user having mounted it successfully and be able to copy files
to it.

Having said that, to check that gPodder is working correctly, you could try
selecting 'Device' and then browsing to a folder on your hard drive, and then
try 'syncing' to that location - gPodder will copy your podcasts to that
folder. (There's nothing special about the folder that gPodder syncs to, it's
just a folder as far as gPodder is concerned.) That way we can figure out if
it's a Clip Zip issue or a more general settings problems.

Let me know if this helps.
I'll check this out when I get home tonight.

Again, thanks for your patience and persistence.

My wife has a Sansa Clip, not a Clip Zip. I think I'll try connecting it tonight and see how it goes with that device. I'm beginning to think my problems have to do with the particular model I'm using.

Cheers!

--
Kinney