[gpodder] Re: Gpodder 3 does not recognize Sansa Clip Zip

  • From: "Joseph Wickremasinghe" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jnwickremasinghe@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 07:07:56 -0800

Kinney,

Can you mount your Clip Zip and copy files to it manually? How are you mounting
it? (I'm using sync with an Android device so I mount via go-mtp). What's your
mount point?

For better or worse, the sync function depends on the device being mounted and
accessible via a mount point. I think it's a little too much for gPodder to be
able to determine what device is plugged in and figure how best to mount it, so
it relies on the user having mounted it successfully and be able to copy files
to it.

Having said that, to check that gPodder is working correctly, you could try
selecting 'Device' and then browsing to a folder on your hard drive, and then
try 'syncing' to that location - gPodder will copy your podcasts to that
folder. (There's nothing special about the folder that gPodder syncs to, it's
just a folder as far as gPodder is concerned.) That way we can figure out if
it's a Clip Zip issue or a more general settings problems.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Joseph