[gpodder] Re: Gpodder 3 does not recognize Sansa Clip Zip

  • From: Kinney Baughman <baughmankr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 18:21:45 -0500

On 02/04/2015 01:32 AM, Joseph Wickremasinghe (Redacted sender "jnwickremasinghe@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) wrote:

Kinney,

Did you try 'Sync to Device' from the 'Extras' menu? That will start the sync process...
I get:

--snip--

"Cannot open device"

Please check the settings in the preferences dialog.

--snip--

Sigh.

I'm starting to focus on the fact that it's recognizing the device as "/dev/sdb" instead of "/dev/sdb1" even though that's not a factor with gPodder2.

If I take the jump and reformat and repartition my ClipZip, I'll report back.

Thanks for the help, Joseph.

I like the renaming function of gPodder3 as much as anything else in the newer version. It would be nice to get this going on the ClipZip.

Cheers!

--

Kinney