[gpodder-devel] Getting some crashes in Fedora concerning podcast subscriptions.

  • From: jspaleta at gmail.com (Jeff Spaleta)
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:41:06 -0800

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I can create a set of ?patches which attempt to do some type
> checking... but I'm not exactly sure what is best. ?In the case of the
> All episodes podcast listing..should I even be able to attempt to edit
> podcast settings? ?Seems to me like that menu entry should just not
> exist.

First stab at a fix in gui,py:

def on_itemEditChannel_activate(self, widget, *args):
        if self.active_channel is None:
            title = _('No podcast selected')
            message = _('Please select a podcast in the podcasts list to edit.')
            self.show_message( message, title, widget=self.treeChannels)
            return

        if self.active_channel.title=="All episodes" :
            title = _('No podcast selected')
            message = _('Please select an individual podcast in the
podcasts list to edit.')
            self.show_message( message, title, widget=self.treeChannels)
            return

The additional title check prevents the traceback for the all episodes
listing.  Not sure this is the best solution but it works. I'm going
to be putting this patch into Fedora package testing now.

-jef