[gpodder-devel] GUI Proposal

  • From: me at nikosapi.org (nikosapi)
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:04:53 -0500

On February 1, 2008 20:46:10 Rafael Proen?a wrote:
> I forgot to tell, I've added a "Patchs" section on the wiki created by
> Thomas:
> http://gpodderwiki.jottit.com/gui-proposal-discussion
>
> One more thing: as you can see, I did not assigned an icon for the View
> menu, this is because I do not think that that menu bars should have icons,
> it does not follow the Gnome HIG. So my suggestion is to remove the icons
> from the menu bar, like in this screenshot
> http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/7442/gpoddermockupviewmenumm1.png
>
> Let me know if we can move on to the episodes treeview.
>
> Regards,

I think the little icons look good, they help the user distinguish between
between the various menus. Does the gnome HIG explicitly say not to include
little icons? (sorry, I'm not very familiar with the guidelines)

From what I can see on [1] I don't think it would be much of an issue. In fact
if we really were to comply with the gnome HIG, the "Podcasts" menu would
have to be renamed to "File", but once again I think "Podcasts" is a better
choice.

nick

[1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/menus-menubar.html.en