[gpodder-devel] Feed Reading Problem

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:57:48 +0100

Hello!

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 03:40 +1300, Ravi Chemudugunta wrote:
> I am trying to get the following feed into gpodder, it is a vixy link
> that converts flv to mp4 on the fly so it can be subscribed to like a
> usual video podcast;
>
> http://vixy.net/podcaster/rss/562488fe2daba0ce041dfbc6e4a21c16
>
> However there seems to be some problem with the feed not being exactly
> right, I am running the latest from svn, when run with `bin/gpodder
> --local --verbose` I observe the following output
>
> [ 115.644] (podcastChannel) Cannot instantiate episode:
> http://vixy.net/podcaster/video/vZ9p5_YSGt8.mp4. Skipping.
>
> what does this error mean exactly? is it something to do with the url
> being used as the GUID ?

Just tried it here - seems to work great. Are you sure you have the
latest SVN _trunk_ and also updated and reverted local changes? This
should get you set up:

svn revert -R .
svn up

Please try again. If not, you have to change the log() line in
src/gpodder/libpodcasts.py (line 166, the one that says "Cannot
instantiate episode") and add traceback=True as a keyword argument, i.e.

log('Cannot instantiate [...]', [...], sender=channel, traceback=True)

After that, the console output should give a better clue what's wrong.

Thanks,
Thomas