[gpodder-devel] Feature request: copy metadata from RSS feed to mp3 file

  • From: seanh.nospam at gmail.com (seanh)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 22:13:30 +0100

My mp3 player (a sansa clip) browses all the files by the file
metadata, it doesn't do directory and filename-based browsing. So the
file metadata has to be right. All my podcasts always look right in
gpodder, presumably gpodder knows which podcast each episode came from
because it knows which feed it downloaded it from and it knows what
all the podcasts and episodes are titled from the feeds also. It's not
until after I transfer the files to my mp3 player that I realise the
podcaster did not tag her mp3 files. It's not uncommon for 3 or 4
files out of every 20 in a podcast to have the metadata completely
missing which really makes a mess on my mp3 player.

iTunes and hpodder for example support copying metadata from feed to
file. For now I will probably switch to hpodder.