[gpodder-devel] Episodes Removed from Device are Synced Again

  • From: lists at manor-farm.org (Ian Barton)
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 18:11:38 +0100

Bill Peters wrote:
> I am using LinuxMint 7 with the default theme and the emblems are not
> correct, but when I switched to the theme called LinuxMint which is from
> an older release, the emblems were correct.
>
> Ian, what OS are you running? If you are also running Mint, I'd say
> there is a problem with the Mint icon themes.
>
> -Bill
>
> On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Thomas Perl <thp at gpodder.org
> <mailto:thp at gpodder.org>> wrote:
>
>     You wrote:
>      > I have also noticed this lately. I think the mismatch in emblems
>     occurred
>      > just before .16 was released. I've been meaning to check bug
>     reports but I
>      > haven't had time to sit down and figure out what they are
>     supposed to be.
>      > I've also noticed that the numbers listed in the left pane don't
>     seem to be
>      > correct either, but again I have not had time to figure out what
>     they are
>      > doing.
>
>     Which icon theme are you using? Basically, with the normal (Gnome) icon
>     theme,
>     the music note should have a green dot on it for "this is unplayed" and
>     no
>     emblem on it for "this has been played already".

I am using the stock theme for Ubuntu Jaunty. In the list view, I am
getting a green tick for unplayed and nothing for played. My confusion
arises from the icon in the pop menu when I right click. If the track is
unplayed I get Green Tick Mark as Played. If it's played I get white x
on red background icon, with menu text "Mark as Unplayed".

IMHO the icon in the pop up menu should reflect the state in the menu
text. "Mark as Played" should show nothing and "Mark as Unplayed" should
show the green tick.

Personally, I find using a "tick" to indicate the unplayed state counter
intuitive. A tick would suggest to me it has been played, as in ticked
off in the list of things to do.

Ian.