[gpodder-devel] Development workflow for contributors

  • From: me at nikosapi.org (Nick Nobody)
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 23:13:20 -0400

Hello,

Now that we have a shiny new SCM, there should be a bit of
clarification on what should be the preferred method for submitting
changes.

As an experiment I created a fork[1] of gPodder and started adding
some of my own branches there. I'm not sure if this is the right way
to do this but the way I see it, it would allow changes to easily be
merged from the fork into the main repository.

So, if I'm reading the git docs right, to get the changes for a small
bugfix branch (proper-filesizes) you could do this:

git pull http://repo.or.cz/w/gpodder/nikosapi.git refs/heads/proper-filesizes

I'm not sure if this is the recommended way to use git, I'd love to
hear what other people think,

nick

[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/gpodder/nikosapi.git