[gpodder-devel] Deleting podcasts?

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:05:46 +0200

Hello, Dan!

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 07:39 -0700, Dan Stromberg wrote:
> Is there some way of, upon deleting a podcast from my rockbox DAP,
> also deleting the podcast from gpodder?  Kind of like what a PDA does?

When you're using rockbox, I assume you're using the FS-based sync
method. You can delete all downloaded episodes from gPodder once synced,
and they will not be deleted from your FS-based MP3 player. Newly-added
episodes will still be added to your MP3 player.

The thing gets complicated if you want to keep episodes in gPodder, too.

> I'd rather not have to manually maintain a list of podcasts to delete
> later.

What is planned to be implemented is the one-way sync: In the future,
gPodder will detect episodes deleted in gPodder and delete the episodes
on the iPod or FS-based MP3 player, too.

It would be hard to detect if a podcast has been deleted from an MP3
player or if it's just a newly downloaded episodes. If we wanted to do
this, we'd have to keep track of which episodes have been synchronized
already.

How would you be using the mentioned features, or: would these features
satisfy your needs?