[gpodder-devel] Customizable colors for the unplayed/played counters?

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 08:39:32 +0100

Hello, Pieter!

Pieter De Decker wrote:
> Just noticed the new unplayed/played counters in the channel browser. I
> like the new counters but I hate their default background colors, which
> is why I'd like to add customizable counter colors to the list of
> feature requests.
>
> Is it possible to change these or has this got something to do with
> GNOME's theme settings?

Yes, gPodder tries to use the GTK+ theme's "selected" color of a
Progressbar widget, so it should look okay most of the time. Can you
send me a link to a screenshot so I can see how it looks?

I'd personally try to avoid adding customizable colors, as it would add
another configuration option the user most likely has to care about,
although she shouldn't really. Ideally, it should fit perfectly into the
currently selected GTK theme, that's why I tried to use theme colors.