[gpodder-devel] Cover Art for Filesystem-based MP3 Players

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:51:44 +0200

Hello!

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 04:16:25 -0700
<daggpod at emailias.com> wrote:
> I've got a Sansa Fuze which supports cover art for podcasts, however
> it appears gPodder only synchronizes cover art for iPods.  I'd like
> to add this functionality.  Before I go mucking about the code, I'd
> like to gather thoughts on how best to design this, seeing as how the
> Fuze isn't the only non-iPod device out there. ;-)

First of all, you should find out where and how your MP3 player looks
for cover art. After that, you probably only have to implement copying
of the cover file in sync.py. If it's in the ID3 tag, some podcasts
already have this. If you want to have it for all your episodes, you
probably have to implement it in libtagupdate.py.

I'm offering mentoring if you want to implement this feature. Just get
in touch :)