[gpodder-devel] Close buttons not working and problems fetching feed

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:44:45 +0200

Hello, Bruno!

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 14:23 +0100, Bruno Miguel wrote:
> When running gPodder with make test, it works perfectly. But when I
> install it, it can't fetch the subscription I mentioned in the
> previous email.

Please make sure that you remove all gPodder installations (distribution
packages, manual installations into /usr and /usr/local) so that there
is no sign of gPodder packages in both /usr/ and /usr/local/. Then,
after you have made sure that there are no leftovers from previous
installations, do a "make install" if you really want to install it
system-wide.

gPodder also runs fine and without problems locally. Simply create a
script that calls "bin/gpodder --local" in your source folder (put it
somewhere in your home folder) and create a shortcut icon for it. This
way, you don't pollute your system folders with manual installations
(it's easier if one leaves /usr to the distribution's package manager)
and have a working gPodder in your home directory. You can then even use
the SVN version without problems, in case you are in for some new
features and new bugs ;)

Hope that helps!