[gpodder] Re: Cleaning up duplicates

  • From: Stefan Kögl <koeglstefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Development for gPodder <gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 10:05:54 +0200

Hello Alex,

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Alexander Wilms <
f.alexander.wilms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I noticed there are quite a lot duplicates on gpodder.net and I wondered
> who takes care of them.  I added a few ones to
> http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/**Web_Services/Merge_Queue<http://wiki.gpodder.org/wiki/Web_Services/Merge_Queue>,
>  but so far nothing has happened.

Just for clarification: It was my recommendation to add those duplicates
there. I haven't processed them yet because I'm still working the
merging-code. A lot of entities are referencing podcasts and episodes, and
I'd like to be totally sure to not destroy some user's subscriptions by
doing a merge.

> I think I could look after them from time to time, if you could grant my
> gpodder.net account "Alexander_Wilms" some edit rights and explain how to
> to merge entries. Or has this to be done manually in the db? In the past I
> was a member of the LibreOffice design team with commit rights and I help
> translating some projects (https://launchpad.net/~alexander-wilms <
> https://launchpad.net/%7Ealexander-wilms>), if that increases my
> credibility :)

Good to know :) At the moment there is no proper infrastructure for
flagging merge candidates and carrying out the actual merges, but I'm
working on that so that. In the meantime you can just continue adding
duplicates to the wiki page - I will eventually find the time to merge
those ;) Once a proper merging infrastructure is in place, I'll definitely
get back to you.

-- Stefan