[gpodder-devel] Can't get a podcast

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 01:25:09 +0100

Hello, Chris!

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 18:11 -0400, Chris Arnold wrote:
> The channel could not be added. Please check the spelling of the URL
> or try again later.
> The video podcast is
> http://www.lightsource.com/ministry/grace_to_you/3040306/feed.xml. Can
> anyone add it to their gpodder? I can get to it from a browser. Using
> 0.11.0. I have 4 different ones that i am unable to add. Thanks for
> any help.

I've tried adding the feed and after a bit of debugging I found that the
<pubDate> field of the channel has a wrong format. I've changed the code
accordingly so that the channel's pubDate is ignored (it's not essential
for gPodder's function, anyway).

Until the next release is out (which will be in about a month), you can
use the SVN version of gPodder which already has this fixed:

  http://wiki.gpodder.org/running-from-svn

Thanks for your report :) Maybe you can also post the 4 other URLs that
are not working? (Or maybe they didn't work because of the same bug and
now work)

Thomas