[gpodder-devel] Announcement: New gPodder Wiki!

  • From: Paul at thegithouse.com (Paul Rudkin)
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 19:09:27 +0100

Hello gPodders!

In recent months the gPodder Wiki was getting plagued by spambots, so
editing had to be disabled so that the information could be preserved.

Over the last few days a new gPodder Wiki has been created using
MediaWiki[1] the Wiki engine that powers Wikipedia[2]!

All the information from the old wiki has been copied across to the new
one so all your contributions have not been lost, however unlike the
last wiki you will need to create an account before you can edit.

Please keep your documentation contributions flowing over at
http://wiki.gpodder.org (if your DNS servers have not updated yet you
can access the wiki at http://gpodderwiki.thegithouse.com)

I hope that using MediaWiki[1] will give us all more flexibility when
creating articles.   Over the coming days/weeks I will add some help
links etc giving quick access to formatting examples etc.

If in the meantime you have any issues then please post them to the
mailing-list or send me an email directly.

Enjoy!

Paul Rudkin

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org
[2] http://www.wikipedia.org