[gpodder] Again unicode file names under windows 7

  • From: "Benjamin Blatter" <b.blatter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:55:57 +0100

Hi!

Now I finally can run GPodder under windows 7 with my new 6-core desktop ;-)

However I'm a bit disapointed that I still get Underlines _ with youtube
channels containing japanese or russian letters.

I tried the modification of model.py

(replace "sanitized = util.sanitize_filename(self.title,
self.MAX_FILENAME_LENGTH)" with "sanitized= self.title"

But this still doesn't work. And it creates a error launching GPodder
message.

I've got win 7 pro 64-bit, my language is German.

Please tell me if there is something I can do to make my wish come true
fiinally.

Thomas, you wrote once that the function that does the transformation of the
filename is "sanitize_filename" in util.py. Is there something I should
modify as well? In the file it's written that the unicode problem hopefully
will go away with pyton 3.

I went with pyton 2.7.8 and pygtk 2.24.2 32-bit download like sugested by
GPodder. However pyton 3 seems to be available since 2008. Would installing
the latest version of pyton solve my problem?

I hope there is a solution where I can maintain my German Windows and still
be able to download these youtube channels with unicode.

Thanks and kind regards

Ben