[govinfo] GovInfo News 11-10-08

  • From: "Patrice McDermott" <pmcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <govinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <FOI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:31:36 -0500

- Bailout (non)Transparency

OpenTheGovernment.org has set up a Bailout Transparency page on our website.
If you are concerned about what you don’t know about the bailout, please check
it out.
Currently, it is primarily news stories because that is all we know.

Any credible solution to today's economic crisis must address one of the
crisis' fundamental causes - corruption and other abuses of power sustained by
secrecy. Unfortunately, thus far the government has been slow to let the public
know how it is using taxpayer money to help out ailing financial markets.
OpenTheGovernment.org is working to build a clearinghouse of information about
the lack of transparency in the bailout.

Please help us ensure the clearinghouse is as comprehensive as possible by
emailing us news and resources.  We are working with a number of groups to
explore opportunities for advocacy for transparency and accountability in this
area and welcome your thoughts.

Link:
http://www.openthegovernment.org/article/articleview/342/1/115/?TopicID=
            info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx