[goodfeel] Re: photoScore

  • From: "albertm13@xxxxxxxx" <albertm13@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:23:37 GMT

Hi,

I evaluated PhotoScore a while ago and came to the conclusion that SharpEye is
better for a few reasons.  I tested PhotoScore on a few pieces and I think I
gave it a fair amount of time but you should realize that I know SharpEye very
well.

Here are my arguments:
- I found that SharpEye's recognition is the same or better than PhotoScore's.
- I found SharpEye to be much easier to use but remember that I knew SharpEye
much better going into this test.  I was able to get better results going into
Lime from SharpEye and this might have been at least partly because the
development of Lime's NIFF import was based on SharpEye's output.
- SharpEye is cheaper; you need PhotoScore Ultimate for NIFF and MusicXML
output.

PhotoScore does have the advantage of being a current product; SharpEye is no
longer being developed.

Thanks,
Albert