[goodfeel] Re: extra beats

  • From: "albertm13@xxxxxxxx" <albertm13@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 16:23:15 GMT

Hi,

To make the first problem stand out you should probably split your voices onto
separate staves and use 'Use this arrangement for the remainder of the piece'.
You can put things back together later after you fix the problems.  Please read
http://www.dancingdots.com/tsgf3/tslimepartsvoices.htm
http://www.dancingdots.com/tsgf3/tsMovieLime.htm#Voice2 and is an example that
might help with manipulating your music with the Parts and Voices dialog.

For your second problem you should be able to delete the extra rest by pressing
control+delete with Enable Duration Edits checked.

If you can't figure it out e-mail me your Lime file off the list and I'll take
a look at it.

Thanks,
Albert

--- Patrick Walsh wrote ---
Hi,

I am editing a score by Marcello.  It uses a lot of dotted 16th notes followed
by 32nd notes.  Sometimes the scanner misses a dot, so I have been using
“Enable duration Edit” to change the note value.  I have two problems.  The
first bar is correct in length, 4 beats, but when I open the file it says there
is a problem with that measure and askes  if I want to recomputed playback.  If
I say yes, the measure is butchered beyond recognition, and if I say no, it
will ask me again the next time I open the file.

The second problem is I have one measure, about measure 15 or so, that I added
adot to a sixteenth note, and lime put in a 64th rest at the end of measure
when first creating the file that is still there.  It says, “beat 5, 64th
rest.”  I want to get rid of that extraneous note and restore the measure to
the four beats.

Thanks
Patrick

** [mailto:goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subjectúq]