[goodfeel] Re: entering into Lime

  • From: Melissa R Hirshson <lissa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:59:07 -0400

Hi Andy,

Ah, a superior brain to pick! Thanks so much for your helpful comments. A couple more questions:

1. Do you have any suggestions for SharpEye and voices? Often a piece will have two voices but with the stems in different directions, and SharpEye seems to have its own ideas about where they should go. On a couple of occasions, I have been unable to get the correct rhythm in a measure no matter what I tried, and had to resort to leaving a blank measure, as you suggested.

2. Does the Lime help have a complete list of keyboard shortcuts? I couldn't find one right away. I am constantly searching for ways to enter notes in Lime faster, and now I just got a lot of Bach piano music which is such a poor copy it won't scan. :(

Thanks again for your comments!

Lissa

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, papermusic@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Nancy,
  In frequent cases, your technique is faster, as I have discovered over the
years. Here are some things I do to make it go even faster:
1. tell SharpEye to ignore all text. Don't let it read any text. Do all the
text additions in Lime, because it's often misspelled and miscategorized
anyways.
2. make sure to select the special symbols in SharpEye to allow it to read the
music a little better.
3. The only thing I really edit in SharpEye are key- and time-signatures,
clefs, and of course: note values and rhythmic errors. All other editings can
be more quickly done in Lime.
4. Adobe Photoshop Elements will convert PDF to TIFF for Batch Process
recognition in SharpEye (as Albert mentioned).
5. In Lime: learn your shortcuts. This makes it easier to keep your hands on
the keyboard instead of constantly grabbing the mouse.
6. If you have a super hard measure to correct in SharpEye, don't bother. Just
leave a blank measure and enter the information in Lime.
7. Likewise, erase all of SharpEye's repeat bars. More often than not, SharpEye
encodes the forward repeat one-measure too late. Just enter the repeats in Lime.
   SharpEye is still the best Music Recognition software on the market, but it
lacks the elegance of Lime's interface. Keep things very simple in SharpEye and
the correction process in Lime will go much faster.
   Please let me know if you need any thing else. You can contact me off-list
at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or just continue this thread here and I'll respond.
I've been using Lime for over 10 years; I can help you make it work even better
for you.
   Most sincerely, Andy.
   P.S. It's good to hear that you and your student came through the storms
okay.

www.papermusic.org
Paper Music: Music Transcription and Consultation Services for the Blind &
Visually Impaired.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. (Psalm 122:6)
Be your own boss today! Go to Technical School. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijngzTkm8pe8XAEVHpF9eExxg0uM5kK1mWxRkCCYLJfHp9ti0/

** [mailto:goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject** If this link doesn't work
then send a message to:
** [mailto:goodfeel-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject�q]