[goodfeel] Re: Transposing in Lime

  • From: "Dancing Dots" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:11:05 -0500

Dear Eileen,

Yes, you are correct.  You and your student might like to listen to an
online audio presentation of Lime Aloud which I have made.  See link below.

I will contact you off-list to discuss training options.  I think we can
arrange something for you.

Here's a brief description of how Lime, Lime Aloud, JAWS and our GOODFEEL
Braille Music Translator all work together.

Lime is software that lets you read and write printed music notation. Lime
Aloud gives the blind musician excellent access to Lime's rich set of
notation editing features. With the JAWS for Windows screen reader software
installed, Lime Aloud provides the blind musician with verbal and musical
cues that make it easy to use Lime independently and most productively.

Lime Aloud functions as a stand-alone product and also as a feature of the
GOODFEEL Braille Music Translator software from Dancing Dots. In addition to
the many verbal and musical cues Lime Aloud provides, GOODFEEL customers can
read the equivalent braille music for the current measure on their
electronic braille display. Of course, GOODFEEL can also convert the entire
Lime file into the equivalent music braille and send it to your embosser to
make a hardcopy document. Go to www.DancingDots.com and select the link for
GOODFEEL for more information.

Using Lime with Lime Aloud, you can:

Listen to playback of all or selected parts in tempo with a metronomic click
as a reference. It's easy to set playback tempo at, under or over the marked
tempo of the piece.
Memorize new material by listening to the verbal and musical cues as you
move note by note or chord by chord through the Lime file.
Play along on your own instrument with Lime's playback at a practice or
performance tempo.
Prepare printed scores of your musical ideas such as original compositions
and arrangements or assignments for music courses.

You will find a brief audio presentation  demonstrating our access solution
to the Lime notation editor at:
http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/limealoud.htm

See the heading labeled:
Audio Presentation of Lime Aloud Available for Download

Alternatively, go to www.DancingDots.com and follow the "Presentations" link
and then select the Lime Aloud demo from the list.

Regards,
Bill

Bill McCann
www.DancingDots.com