[goodfeel] Question from a Teacher

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 13:22:40 -0400

We recently received the following question from a teacher in the USA.
Here's her question followed by my response.  I hope some of you will find
this information helpful:

> If students who read braille want to write out their own music with Lime,
do they need to load the GOODFEEL as well?

Yes, they do need to have GOODFEEL in order to have braille music shown on
an attached braille display while using Lime with our Lime Aloud access
method for Lime.  Lime Aloud is a set of JAWS scripts.  Lime Aloud gives
JAWS users access to the Lime notation editor software that ships with
GOODFEEL.  Lime Aloud users can both read and write music using Lime
together with JAWS.  I have made a 14-minute audio presentation on the use
of Lime Aloud.  See http://www.dancingdots.com/prodesc/limealoud.htm for a
link to the mp3 file which you may want to review and share with your
students and colleagues.

GOODFEEL Standard comes with the Lime notation editor software, Lime Aloud
scripts and the SharpEye Music Reader.  Lime Aloud is also sold as a
stand-alone product.  That product includes Lime itself, the Lime Aloud
scripts and SharpEye.  It does not include GOODFEEL.  It is intended for
customers who cannot read braille and have no interest to learn to do so.
The stand-alone Lime Aloud only gives you verbal cues to score elements and
to Lime's menus.  That is, no braille support.

Regards,
Bill

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11:10 AM