[goodfeel] Re: Is Sibelius accessible?

  • From: Chris Smart <chris_s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: goodfeel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 10:47:53 -0400

You can't get Sibelius 3 anymore, the current version is 6!
Forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn here, but Dancing Dots haven't supported Sibelius Speaking for years.

There is a project to make Sibelius 5.25 accessible, and it's free! After doing things in version 5.25 in conjunction with Sibelius Access, you can then load your score into Sibelius 6 and take advantage of it's "magnetic layout' features, which automatically fix spacing problems and help your work appear a lot better on paper.

www.musicaccess.co.uk/

is the site for Sibelius Access and there's a mailing list you can join to ask questions.

Sibelius Access is the work of one guy, and really, you should consider donating a little cash to the project if you feel it is useful to you. He's doing this on his own time.

Chris

At 06:20 AM 11/4/2010, you wrote:
Hello,

You need a program called 'Sibelius speaking' from Dancing Dots, or from Technovision Systems if you're in the UK. You also need the Dolet plug-in from 'recorder' for converting the Sibelius file to music XML. I think the preceding information only works for Sibelius 3 (not later versions) and you
need to have a fairly early version of the Dolet plug-in. Others can
probably provide further clarification and, perhaps, other solutions.

Best wishes,
Brian.