[gnulab-mesce] Re: [MES-FSF] Re: Program Proposal:lets start grazing information->Gnus Graze

  • From: "ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu" <aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "GNU Lab @ MESCE" <gnulab-mesce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:52:05 +0530

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 6:04 PM, മഹേഷ് മുകുന്ദന് | Mahesh M <
maheshmukundan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It is a good, no, great idea..

actually we are saying the same thing for some one year now..so its no
longer a new idea..:)

> COMMON GUYS... SOMEONE PLS RESPOND SOMETHING.. DO WE HAVE TO CRAVE FOR
> REPLYS???

i think there are many interested studensts yet to know that we have a
mailing list.. i think its high time we make them join the lists..
as we plan this programme,all class wise announcement should do it.. i use
to spread the word when i see juniors..but cant reach all of them...
volunteer,spread the word,mahesh..:)

> ok.. Now my suggetion is we shall meet from 4.30 to 8 every Monday..

to night? we can schedule from 4:30 to 6:00 and a net programme time of 5:00
to 6:00 should be enough to cover one topic..
and this we could do twice a week or so if possible..

> As a matter of fact i too dont know some of those mentioned by sir and i
> would be glad to learn them..
> I can help out in taking classes on some of them.. But we have to promise
> that what ever be the turn out in response from the students, we are going
> to go forward with this.. Every Monday.ver be the turn out in response from
> the students, we are going to go forward with this.. Every Monday.

its better to offer one more day if possible (more is always better) so that
those who cant manage it to monday can join the next day with the other
topic and be in touch without much gap

> SIR:
>        Can you pls arrange classes for the topics mentioned above.. Jus to
> start with.. Even if it is just for 5 or 10 of us, its ok.. Hope that the S4
> is going to come.. Meeting after the class hours is best..

The point i missed to stress is that,
We dont have any plan to fix this programme to cross with anyone's
academics.It should be out of class timings..this is as simple as an
unofficial gathering of interested students and teachers to share the bits
together..and thus to form a community..

> Also...
>  As a starting project i think we can take up the following.. There is a
> software called Obex-ftp. It connects mobile to pc via data cable. Lets
> develop a GUI frontend for it. Can we??
> An online project.. Interested students pls reply. We shall form a
> development team for that. Discuss the design, schedule, etc and just start
> doing it.. Its really a small task. A one week project. Pls respond fast.
> You can learn a lot... Try to make it a collective effort, a community work
> for the community..

Add it to our wiki and start chasing..
We have a wiki at fci.wikia.com/wiki/Malappuram/MESCE/FSF/GNU_LAB
There is lottts of projects like this and with this programme as a
platform,students can join and do the projects that they like.. and we could
use that wiki as a place to index the projects..

with this late,are we actually ready to start it by tomorrow?
did we say which all specific topic to be covered tomorrow?

Happy Hacking
Shyam.k