[gnulab-mesce] Lets make the map of our town!

  • From: "ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | shyam karanattu" <aeshyamae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mes-fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "GNU Lab @ MESCE" <gnulab-mesce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:28:18 +0530

Hi
Last week i was in tvm attending KDE Release party, Where i saw Mr.Jaisen
and he showed me his MSc project which he made Using only Free(dom)
Software.
So first go checkout this http://cheruvannur.web4all.in/resources
interesting? when i checked it first,the placenames were coming so slowly,
may be the same may happen to you to if the net is slow. But when i checked
it with a speedier connection in my home, It was just  Wonderful!
Jaisen did it as his MSc project and he is ready to do a class about this.
We can invite him to our college if students are interested to work on geo
virtualisation tools and GIS in general.
There was some kind of government rule against such studies or something
untill 2005 now as that restriction is removed,(about which jaisen ji know
in detail) there isnt much experts in this field.
Also when i was participating some meeting in kochi,where some people
complained lack of experienced people in the very same field.
So have a check on kamap and grass and if you are interested,just reply to
this mail and we can invite him for a workshop in the college..

Happy hacking
Shyam K