[gnukhata-users] Re: pre-release announcement with few updates

  • From: Krishnakant <krmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnukhata-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 17:58:29 +0530

On Tuesday 28 March 2017 03:08 PM, Ramnarayan.K wrote:

Dear Krishnakant ji

This sounds and looks wonderful and look forward to seeing this in action.

Once again *congratulations* to the team

regarding your comment "This is a fundamental new release which is way above the 3.x series, so much so that We highly recommend an absolutely new installation rather than updating your existing one."

Will it be easy to take the existing data foward.

Thanks
ram

The question must rather be "will it be easy for developers to make it easy for users".
We are trying our level best to kind of make some script or in-built function to upgrade the data.
May be We might find a way out for accounts, transactions etc, but not for categories, products, invoices.
Will give an update by tomorrow afternoon.
I also requested Mr. kelkar to answer your queries which he will do by tonight. He was extremely busy with a lot of data entry, firstly because this is the year end and secondly because we needed extensive testing of GNUKhata before release.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.