[gnukhata-users] more urgent feature requests and deadline updates

  • From: Krishnakant <krmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnukhata-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 18:15:17 +0530

Dear all GNUKhata developers and users.We the GNUKhata team at Digital Freedom Foundation are extremely delighted by the recent serge in the number of active GNUKhata users.
We have got a lot of feedback from those users and we are happy to include their suggestions where ever possible and relevant.
This also puts a responsibility on the team at DFF to prioritize some features.
We have got numerous suggestions from senior accountants as well as organisations for various new features, some ogf which we believe are worthy of being in the up coming release.
We have taken a decision on those features based on their impact on overall accounting experience and level of reporting convenience which these featurs can rase.
Thus we had to set the final deadline in second week of June so that we can not just accommodate these features, but our senior domain expert Mr. Kelkar can also test this version along with our other main tester, to iron out any bugs.
The progress on the up coming version is at <https://gitlab.com/gnukhata/gkcore/milestones/1>
You can track all the tasks (called as issues ) and also look at the progress of development.

The web front end will have the same deadline as the core logic (backend ).
<https://gitlab.com/gnukhata/gkwebapp/milestones/1> will provide all the updates on the front end for to those who wish to follow.
So we should have both backend and user interface ready by 8th June 2016 to be released.
We plan a slue of workshops and promotion campaigns including hands-on seminars following this release.

Thanks again for all the updates, feedbacks and the great support you have been giving our mission to help us bring digital freedom in the financial world and the NGO sector.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.