[gnukhata-users] a day's delay and finally release happening

  • From: Krishnakant <kk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gnukhata Users <gnukhata-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 13:45:10 +0530

Dear all GNUKhata users.

After a short delay, GNUKhata is releasing the much awaited version 3.5 today.

We would recommend that some serious and tough testing happens on live data with this release because it has some extra sensitive features.

I guess some of our avid users can do this and give the report.

We can then issue an update if necessary.

We had an Internet outage last night resulting into some slowdown of work during the release count down. So we are up again and will be soon releasing the said version as a Release Candidate (RC) which can become final version if no user complaints come up.

Afterall this is the hard work of not just our programmers and domain expert, but also all of our users and customers who test try and use GNUKhata for their real accounting. So it's our users who would decide if the software is fit to be final. This is a contrasting advantage to Free and Open Source Software over proprietary software where fixing bugs or even listening to users is at the discretion of the developing company.

We program for you and we do so involving you all.

Happyhacking.

Krishnakant.