[gnukhata-users] Re: Queries

  • From: Krishnakant <krmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gnukhata-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, GNUKhata devel <gnukhata-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:13:37 +0530

Hi Ram thanks for asking such queries on the mailing list.

As you see now, there are many people discussing on the list.

On Tuesday 14 March 2017 04:47 PM, Ramnarayan.K wrote:

Hi

In real earnest we are using gnukhata for personal and Small Office accounts.

Have these following queries

1. Is it possible to export the journal / day book - Current can find only export for ledgers (and other reports) but not a consolidated date wise double-entry journal
Adding such a feature is not a big deal fo for our programmers.
Why don't you make an issue on gitlab.com/gnukhata/gkwebapp/issues so that all developers see it.

2. Voucher numbering - is there an auto numbering feature - again right now it seems entirely manual
Coming in version 4 due to be released by end of this month (with context sensitive help)

3. Entries for amounts, in my understanding most entries (double-entries) are straight like for like amounts. That is what is entered as Dr would also be same for credit - the number of entries where there is a split are usually in JOURNAL transactions. So would it be possible that the entered in the Dr amount is instantly reflected in the CR amount - then if a change is required it made be done manually.

I am surprised that you could not do this in GNUKhata.
The amount you enter in the Dr colum is reflected in the Cr as well.
If you change the amount in either of these, then an additional row comes up.
For example if you enter 500 in Dr. then the same is reflected in Cr.
Now change the Cr to 400 and you will see a row coming with the amount as 100 in the Dr side.
Do let me know if this is not what you observe.
Then also use our latest demo and see if your observations are consistant.
Then report back to us.
Thanks for your email again.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.