[gmpi] Re: wrap up 3.8 - gesture start/end

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:23:00 -0800

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:03:24AM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:58:06 +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> > What you describe sounds to me *exactly* like what we've been
> > discussing, except that it appears to be using function calls rather
> > than events. (And no IDs, but that's additional information, and
> > doesn't really change the logic behind the capture/release feature.)
>
> I think the point is that the plugin has to request reception of
> capture/release events from the host. Sounds like a good idea to me, one
> less thing to process.

BUt it may be more than the host that sends capture/release events.  We can
make it a piece of metadata that all senders need to check, or we can just
make it disposable data.  If you don't care, don't handle them.  Senders
that want to use them need to send them no matter what, at least so that the
host can see them.

Whther a capture/release is an actual event sent to each control or whether
it is a host callback which takes a set of controls, or something else is
irrelevant at this point, mostly.