[gmpi] Re: where we at

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:37:57 -0700 (PDT)

> tim and others on the LAD list got a long way in their efforts to
> forge ahead with XAP, which was an attempt to learn directly from all
> the existing APIs that were reasonable openly documented. that effort
> was suspended when GMPI appeared because of the potential of a truly
> cross-platform API emerging from the effort.

There was talk of re-awakening XAP.  I still have some hope left for GMPI.
When I dredge out the XAP notes again is when I have essentially given up on
GMPI.

> *surrounded* by prototypes. prototypes are not the problem: reaching a
> decision over which of several possibly pathways through the potential
> design solutions is.

Perhaps I focus too much on details, but THAT is what seems to be the
important.  Fundamental issues that relate to the overall model.

Also, I apologize for seemingly taking over things.  I know Ron is busy, and
no one has complained, so I've just kept it up.  Anyone who'd do a better
job is welcome to do so, I just warn you that I am an opinionated bastard.
:)