[gmpi] Re: setParameterAutomated() viability (was MIDI stuff..)

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:52:20 -0700

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 10:38:08PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > A lot of the issues I have come from the opaqueness of MIDI->plugin comms.
> > If we can get around that sanely (some form of sPA() or something) then
> > I'll relent.
>
> sPA() is just a can of worms, I dont think it can be made to work
> deterministicly. It would be nice if it could, but I dont see how.

Just for the record, I *do* think we can make sPA() work, if we decided it
was the right way.  With rules about when sPA() can be used, and some
extra info (what was the cause of this sPA, maybe a gesture-id, the old
and new values, etc), I think it can be perfectly sane.

This was kinda opened as a separate topic, so I wanted to keep it
separate.