[gmpi] Re: realtime chatter

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:00:28 +0000

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 06:19:34 -0800, Tim Hockin wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 09:16:23PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> > without this level of overlap, and without our willingness to
> > constantly (and i do mean *constantly*) be a part of several ongoing
> > conversations, i don't think IRC would have worked for us. i very much
> > doubt that most of the active people on the GMPI list can do this for
> > GMPI as well as our other projects/committments.
>
> I didn't mean ALL the time :)  I meant we could pick a date and time and
> meet there for 1 or 2 hours.  Someone can moderate so we stay on topic and
> do one thing at a time (instead of everyone yelling ;).  We'll have an
> agenda and goals.  When we're done, it's over until we decide to do it
> again.

This is what the W3C Interest Groups do and it works very well - as long
as they are not too frequent.

> It helped a lot with XAP stuff. :)

Yes, it did.

- Steve

PS: Incase you thought you'd got rid of me, (no such luck) actually I just
dont have any input into the time stuff. I've never written a plugin with
a timebase, or implemented a host that exposes one.

- Steve