[gmpi] Re: parameter recall

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:18:30 -0700 (PDT)

> Combining these concepts brings up a feature that I have been requesting
> for years:  Wouldn't it be possible to store the entire state of a plugin,
> ( i/o buffers, internal buffers, and controls ) so that you can begin
> playback at this point with sample accuracy?  It's always a pain to start
> your song 2 measures earlier than needed so the sustained pads, reverbs
> and delays can get buffered and running.  This has always been a problem
> with MIDI setups that could be solved in a pure software system.

With XAP I suggested a per-voice SEEK control.  If a Plugin implements the
SEEK control (totally optional) the host can jump into the middle of your
sustained pads by issuing a seek on the voice.  This doesn't work so well
for reverbs and stuff.

I don't get what you're suggesting - you want to be able to jump to any
point in time and have the buffers still be there?