[gmpi] Re: on mutliple sample types (OT, but let's finish?)

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:59:52 -0500

I have all the emails saved (from this and other mailing lists, a grand
total of over 11,000 messages in under a year!) so I may have a look back
through them at some point.
<<<

Please do.  We've discussed this topic extensively already.

Here's an idea... Why not have the hosts specify what format they use to
GMPI, and have plugins specify what format they use to GMPI as well. And
then let GMPI do the work, *if* necessary.
<<<

Where we're at today is that plugins are the only ones who specify, and the
host uses those which support the format that it supports.