[gmpi] on mutliple sample types (OT, but let's finish?)

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GMPI list <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 05:49:25 -0800

Let's wrap this up, lest we lose the momentum and start over?

Issue:  Should we build support for multiple sample datatypes into GMPI?

Proposal: Each plugin identifies it's IO type, the host uses GMPI-provided
converter routines to do conversions only when needed.

Basically, there are 4 'NO' votes and two 'PERHAPS' votes.  Being one of the
'PERHAPS' people, I'm willing to concede.

Unless any more voices chime in, I think this issue is coming to a close?

Last chance for anyone who wants to express an opinion (dissenting or not
:)