[gmpi] Re: my first ideas

  • From: "Silver Blade" <silverblade_uk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:30:39 -0000

Again, this is something I've considered the possibility of in the past.

When the other computer is offline, you could just reduce the plugin list to
those which are on the local computer. Network latency isn't that much of a
problem (unless you're on a huge network) and it'd mean you could have a
couple of extra computers tucked away under the desk, without monitor, etc.
and just use them as rather expensive multi-processors!

Seriously though, it'd be useful. It'd be similar to multi-threading, but
over a network.

-SB