[gmpi] Re: my first ideas

  • From: "Laurent de Soras [Ohm Force]" <laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:49:36 +0100

Urs Heckmann wrote:

> > I agree.  I propose that we don't even address any GUI issues in this
> > working group.  If we get control mechanism right, then a GUI can be
> > layered on top of that.
>
> Oh, please don't underestimate the importance of a unified GUI
> mechanism.

I agree with Ron, we should not make GMPI a replacement for
VSTGUI or whatever. However we should care about communication
with the GUI, which is important. A x-platform GUI lib
dedicated to plug-ins can be provided separately.

-- Laurent

Laurent de Soras                  |               Ohm Force
DSP developer & Software designer |  Digital Audio Software
mailto:laurent@xxxxxxxxxxxx       | http://www.ohmforce.com