[gmpi] my first ideas

  • From: Urs Heckmann <urs@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:06:09 +0100

Hi,

this being my first post here, I have two aspects derived from
AudioUnits standard that I'd like to put in the pot:

1.) Seperation of Process and GUI

If user interface and process are different things/applications from
the beginning, it is easier to customize access to the process for
certain needs. A PlugIn could offer more than one view (newbie/expert)
or a collection of plugs could be controlled by the same view (a
generic user interface with company-typic layout). A PlugIn could also
be easier controlled in uncommon environments like games, video editing
software if it doesn't feel naked without its gui.

This implicitly requires a flexible parameter handling and notification
scheme.

2.) Timestamp for any kind of host-plugin notification

Automation data, parameter setting, Midi events should all be
timestamped. Sample accuracy will do.

Cheers,

;)  Urs

urs heckmann