[gmpi] Re: low level API - Abstract Factory summary

  • From: "Angus F. Hewlett" <angus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:53:11 +0000

Yes, I know that.

My point is that, if you're arguing in favour of GUIDs for plug-in identification, then it begs the question, why not use them for parameter identification too?

Personally, I'd prefer to use strings/URIs for both, GUIDs are overkill imho.

gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

GUIDs do not change and are not local language dependent. There's roughly 1
GUID for every 2 elementary particles in the universe, so I think GUIDs can
safely tell plugins and even parameters apart.