[gmpi] Re: low level API

  • From: "Ron Kuper" <RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:42:07 -0500

I'd be in favor of COM.

-----Original Message-----
From: gmpi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gmpi-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jeff McClintock
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 1:36 PM
To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gmpi] Re: low level API

COM seems a pretty safe bet, it meets all our requirements, is free,
cross platform etc.
   COM is the basis of both DXi, and of Steinberg's VST Module
Architecture (MIDI plugins), so COM is well proven in the music plugin
arena.

Shall we tentativly pencil in COM as a binary interface?

...subject of course to public approval etc. If there are any other
proposals, feel free to present them.

following rules:  Please stay on topic.  You are responsible for your
own