[gmpi] Re: low level API

  • From: Frederic Vanmol <frederic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:36:06 +0100

> But maybe the last comment: don't scan all plugins at startup!  That just
> breaks your app when a broken plugin goes in.  Scan it when the user asks
> for it, and only then.

Point-in-case: I was testing if our plugins work with Data Execution
Prevention in XP service pack 2 (they don't because of the protection) and I
couldn't even start Cubase SX because it scans the plugins on startup.

That means it'll crash when you simply load the dll, even when the plugin
doesn't actually do anything at that time.

Frederic